Guayadeque 0.2.9 Released!!!
  • With the revision 1500 and after almost 6 month of development and heavy testing I am proud to announce the release of the version 0.2.9

The mayor changes have been the ipod support, portable media device, transcoding capability in Copy to function and a lot more. For full details you can read the changelog.

Once more time Thank you very much for your help
  • congratulations I would turn of the computer kick off my shoes and take the day of.
  • Well done anonbeat for reaching another milestone!

I agree with Hreinsi, take it easy now and relax, you've earned it.
  • Great job! Thanks for an awesome program.
  • Impressive work !
    Thanks to you, it's a real pleasure to listen our music/radio/podcast/etc … ^_^
  • Thank anonbeat for all your hard work!
    I've just sent a tip to OMG Ubuntu.
  • Thanks very much to you anonbeat!!!!

And thanks to all the guayadeque community, which have contribute to create such an awesome player! The best in linux!!!!
  • Superb release, superb job, superb software.

Many, many thanks
  • As always Web Upd8 is one of the first to pick up the news: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/guayadeque-029-supports-ipod-usb-mass.html

And please don't miss the comment of an old friend of us, now called "No One".
  • Whats up with No one? Or formerly VastOne? Did he have a fallout with Some One? Silly boy, as if gmusicbrowser or clementine are better than this! Keep up the excellent work Anonbeat and don't listen to these people who don't even like their own opinions!
  • Great job! Great job! Great job!
    Hats off to you, anonbeat.
    Can't wait to see bright future for guayadeque.

And about our old friend, he's a very dedicated man - both constructively and destructively.
  • Congrats from Germany. Nice work.

I would really like to see some debian packages. I am using Linux Mint Debian Edition.
  • The ubuntu ones dont work? I dont use debian and not sure if I can make debian packages in launchpad
  • Fantastic work on the lyrics engines, anonbeat :)
  • Brilliant music player. First install today and it is excellent. It really knocks the 'big boys' Rhythmbox and Banshee into touch, and is now my default player.
    Thanks and keep up the great work. I can really see guayadeque becoming the default player of the future
  • tamalet said:

Thank anonbeat for all your hard work!
    I've just sent a tip to OMG Ubuntu.

About a day after you I sent another one and still no joy!! What's the matter with them? Do they fear competition to banshee?
  • Yeah, they have a writer dedicated to Banshee. They don't want people to know how awesome Guayadeque is or they will loose a lot of users :)
  • Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?
  • Danubio said:

Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?

uh? Sorry I don't understand your question.
    If you are asking for install instructions see http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php?p=/page/installing
  • Danubio said:

Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?

You need the "notification area" applet in your panel if it is not working yet. To do so right-click on the panel and add it. Then from guaydeque "preferences>general" click on "Activate task bar icon".

If you prefere to integrate guayadeque in the sound menu click this too, if no don't as you have to choose one or the other.

If you choose just the task bar (system tray) the icon probably will look horrible due to a bug (not a guayadeque bug)
  • As an aside: if you are on Ubuntu and plan to upgrade to next release you'd better get used to the SoundMenu as I think Canonical is going to get rid of the notification area.

Last thing: it is time well spent going through all of guayadeque preferences as there are tones of things in there....:)
  • ohhh, it was about system tray! I thought you wanted to "try" something on your system :)
  • It seems that complaining sometimes works!
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/02/banshee-1-9-4-alpha-for-windows-released/#comment-155153180

Now I need to find some time to write a review.
  • tamalet said:

It seems that complaining sometimes works!
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/02/banshee-1-9-4-alpha-for-windows-released/#comment-155153180

Now I need to find some time to write a review.

Did you send that review in the end tamalet? Just asking because if you did they've not kept their word and that's no good. If you didn't have the time that's obviously OK, no complains.
  • No sorry, I intended to do it last weekend but I was invited to go out for a few days, then when I came back I had an incident that has kept me busy until now. Hopefully I will find time this weekend, but if you want to write something don't wait for me.
  • I'm very sorry to hear that tamalet. I hope it wasn't serious and that you are OK. I wouldn't mind to do it but I really think is yours: you earnt the right to do crack this one! :)
  • Guayadque 0.29 has landed in Debian SID Repo :-)
  • Don't worry about me, I'm totally fine, just work stuff. But thanks for your comment.
  • I really like the new version - and I'm testing it with a 4 TB collection of MP3. So far it is really stable (not always quick - but hey, I really have a huge library). Thumbs up.
  • I really like the new version - and I'm testing it with a 4 TB collection of MP3. So far it is really stable (not always quick - but hey, I really have a huge library). Thumbs up.

Are you joking? How many tracks is that?
  • @tischtelefon:
    do you mind to send me your guayadeque.db to do testings ?

Is there any player quickest than guayadeque wich such library? I would love to hear your impressions with such libary as mine is almost 30000 tracks only.

Thanks for your help
  • anonbeat said:

Is there any player quickest than guayadeque wich such library?

I think the right question would be: have you found any other player that can even load such a library?
  • Hi anonbeat, of course not, I 'll be back home next week and than I'll drop you an email. So far Guayadeque is the only player which can handle such a huge collection without crashing.

Besides Guayedeque tried so far....

Ubuntu:
    Banshee
    Rhythmbox
    Exaile,
    Songbird

-> These programms can handle librarys up to a maximum of 30.000 but than... getting slower and slower and finally saying goodbye.

Windows 7:
    iTunes
    Mediamonkey
    WinAmp

-> No way. I am running iTunes with a 1,3 TB library (about 188.000 songs) - that's the max before iTunes gets nervous.

So, you see, I am very glad I found Guayedeque.
  • stoeffn said:

Guayadque 0.29 has landed in Debian SID Repo :-)

great to hear... I thought 0.3.1 will come first :)

Hi!
    I want to write a review of Guayadeque and I would like to mention that it was tested on a 4TB library. I'd like to ask you some question, but don't worry if you don't know all the answers.

How long did it take to scan your library?
    How much memory does Guayadeque use with your library?
    Could you tell me how do other players handle you library? Which ones can you use?
    How long do they take to scan your library and how much memory do they use?
  • Hi tamalet,

- If I remember right, Guaydeque scanned the complete library within 12 hrs
    - No idea about the memory
    - Right now, no other player can handle my library. I tried Banshee, Rhythmbox, Exaile, Songbird - they scanned the libray within 1 - 2 days, but... if you do a query (like "Depeche Mode") they crash. Besides that, the performance while playing music is quite lousy. Forget about adding songs to playlists etc. - from that point of view Guaydeque really does a good job, though the search for a band or a song also takes about 10 - 20 secs.
  • tischtelefon you should try foobar on windows

• I don't see a 64 bit version of 0.2.9 available, am I missing it or is it just not available yet?

Thanks for the player, just started using it yesterday and so far I'm very impressed!
  • I'm on 64 bits: you'll be fine
  • There are packages for 64 bits in the download page, in the launchpad page and in the sourcefoge project page.
    Let me know if you cant find them
  • Wow, how did I miss that? Don't know where I was looking before, thanks!
  • Why did I not know about this program sooner?!?! I am now spreading the word to all my music-fan friends!!!

You've ended my (what I thought would be) never-ending search for the perfect music player. My only suggestion are specific hotkeys for Play/Pause etc... (configurable? maybe like Clementine has in the Preferences box) I am on XFCE and it's a pain to figure out things like that.

Anyways, PLEASE keep up the great work!!! Too many times I've found an application I love only to have it abandoned by the developer shortly after.
  • @theunabeefer:
    In svn it was added not long ago the shortcuts. They are configurable from preferences -> Accelerators

Thanks for your help
  • tamalet said:

Nice review tamalet.

Thank you very much
  • nice work, great job!
  • It makes good reading to go through all the comments as well.

well done tamalet

@anonbeat: you might get a small avalanche of new requests now ;)
  • I installed Guayadeque 0.2.7 on Ubuntu 10.10 from the software centre. Because many of my songs had "blips" or skips in them that weren't there before I decided to upgrade to 0.2.9-1500 from the download link on this site. Now, while it starts, it simply closes if I press play. I was going to uninstall then re-install but before I do that would you like me to investigate any further?
  • I installed Guayadeque 0.2.7 on Ubuntu 10.10 from the software centre. Because many of my songs had "blips" or skips in them that weren't there before I decided to upgrade to 0.2.9-1500 from the download link on this site. Now, while it starts, it simply closes if I press play. I was going to uninstall then re-install but before I do that would you like me to investigate any further?

That seems like a problem with the codecs. To investigate it, the first thing you can do is to run guayadeque from the console and post the output in a new thread with the explanation of the problem. If you get a segmentation fault, a backtrace would be useful: http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php?p=/page/backtrace
  • Thanks for the quick response. Can it be a codec problem if the song plays fine on Rhythmbox or even Guayadeque when I rewind and play the problem part again without fault?

Yes please do a backtrace so I can check what is wrong.

This is the instructions do to it http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php?p=/page/backtrace

Thanks for your help

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion